Sustainable & Responsible Investment Forum (SIF) Ireland is the national platform for policy makers, capital providers and intermediaries to advance sustainable & responsible investing across all asset classes.
Responsible investment is an approach to investing that aims to incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions, to better manage risk and generate sustainable, long-term returns.
Globally significant momentum is building around the sustainable and responsible investment agenda. It is driven by a number of factors, including the recognition in the financial community that ESG factors play a material role in determining risk and return; legal and regulatory requirements protecting the long-term interests of beneficiaries and the wider financial system; and the influence of a new generation looking for transparency in how their money is being invested. The UN supported Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI), which is the leading voice for responsible investment globally, now has over 2,000 signatories from over 50 countries with over $80 trillion AUM.
To find out more watch our SIF Ireland founding members video on what Responsible Investment means to them.
To gain more understanding on the topic of Responsible Investment, the following websites and reports provide a good overview:
- Ireland Fiduciary Duty Roadmap, which provides which provide policy, regulatory and market practice actions
to more firmly embed ESG practices across the Irish market. This report was published by SIF Ireland in partnership with the PRI, Generation Foundation and the UNEP Finance Initiative.
- Definition of Responsible Investment and becoming a UNPRI signatory, see the UN Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI) website.
- The 7 RI Strategies and the trends in Europe, EuroSIF 2016 Sustainable and Responsible Investment Study
- A straightforward overview of Responsible Investment, BNP Paribas Environmental, Social and Governance – Made Simple.
- The UNPRI Academy provide 3 online courses in Responsible Investment, these can be taken at a discounted rate if booked through Sustainability Skillnet.
About SIF Ireland
SIF Ireland was established in 2017 by leading members of the Irish investment community as a national platform to advance responsible investment practices across all asset classes. This is in line with Irish government policy with regard to raising awareness of responsible investment nationally, under government’s IFS2020 Strategy.
- Grow the market by increasing understanding, acceptance and demand.
- Act as a voice for the agenda in Ireland to inform and influence stakeholders.
- Provide networking and member support to maximise our collective strength.
- Collaborate with other organisations both at home and abroad.
Forum activities are overseen by a Committee that consists of Amundi, Ireland’s Strategic Investment Fund, Irish Life Investment Managers, Mediolanum, KBI Global Investors, Cantor Fitzgerald, Amundi, KPMG, the Irish Department of Finance (observer) and the Irish Association of Pension Funds.
Open to institutional investors (pension funds, unit trusts and others), asset owners and managers, industry bodies, as well as other organisations with activities in Ireland that have a substantial interest in ESG.
Download the SIF Ireland Membership Brochure now to learn more about the benefits of joining SIF Ireland.