Sustainable & Responsible Investment Forum (SIF) Ireland is the national platform for policy makers, capital providers and intermediaries to advance sustainable & responsible investing across all asset classes.
Responsible investment is an approach to investing that aims to incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into investment decisions, to better manage risk and generate sustainable, long-term returns.
Globally significant momentum is building around the sustainable and responsible investment agenda. It is driven by a number of factors, including the recognition in the financial community that ESG factors play a material role in determining risk and return; legal and regulatory requirements protecting the long-term interests of beneficiaries and the wider financial system; and the influence of a new generation looking for transparency in how their money is being invested. The UN supported Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI), which is the leading voice for responsible investment globally, now has over 1,800 signatories from over 50 countries with over $70 million AUM.
To find out more watch our SIF Ireland founding members video on what Responsible Investment means to them.
Beginning with the G7 Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and the creation of the EU High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, considerable efforts are underway to ensure that private capital is mobilised in support of the delivery of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The following reports give good insight into Sustainable Finance and Responsible Investment agenda:
About SIF Ireland
Under government’s IFS2020 strategy, Sustainable Nation Ireland has been tasked with raising awareness of the sustainable and responsible investment agenda. Supported by leading Irish located capital market participants, Sustainable & Responsible Investment Forum (SIF) Ireland has been established as the national delivery platform.
The Forum’s mission is to drive the evolution of long‐term, responsible and sustainable capital markets in Ireland, while also promoting Ireland as a jurisdiction of choice for the domiciling and management of such funds.
Objectives: 2017 – 2019
- To raise awareness of the sustainable and responsible investment agenda by increasing understanding, acceptance and demand;
- To act as the voice for the promotion of Ireland’s sustainable and responsible investment sector;
- To develop a skills programme for the enhancement of world-class knowledge and competence;
- To support the development of innovative financial services and products that support sustainable economic development;
- Support international collaboration;
- To share industry insight and collaborate with sector stakeholders.
Open to institutional investors (pension funds, unit trusts and others), asset owners and managers, industry bodies, as well as other organisations with activities in Ireland that have a substantial interest in ESG.
The benefits of joining SIF Ireland include the opportunity:
- to expand your network and embed sustainable business practices within your organisation
- to support innovative financial services product development
- to influence the national sustainable business agenda and be included in relevant advocacy related engagements
- to access dedicated skills development programmes
- to gain industry insight through collaboration with key sector stakeholders
Forum activities are overseen by a Committee that consists of Ireland’s Strategic Investment Fund, Irish Life Investment Managers, Mediolanum, BCP Asset Managers, KBI GI, Cantor Fitzgerald, Amundi, KPMG, the Irish Department of Finance (observer) and the Irish Association of Pension Funds.
To get involved or to learn more about the network’s activities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org