Sustainable & Responsible Investment Forum (SIF) Ireland is a platform for policy makers, capital providers and intermediaries to advance sustainable & responsible investing across all asset classes.
Globally significant momentum is building around the sustainable and responsible investment agenda.
Beginning with the G7 Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and the creation of the EU High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, considerable efforts are underway to ensure that private capital is mobilised in support of the delivery of the Paris Agreement on climate change and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Under government’s IFS2020 strategy, Sustainable Nation Ireland has been tasked with raising awareness of the sustainable and responsible investment agenda. Supported by leading Irish located capital market participants, Sustainable & Responsible Investment Forum (SIF) Ireland has been established as the delivery platform.
The Forum’s mission is to drive the evolution of long‐term, responsible and sustainable capital markets in Ireland, while also promoting Ireland as a jurisdiction of choice for the domiciling and management of such funds.
Objectives across 2017 – 2019 include
- providing a platform for the promotion of Ireland’s sustainable and responsible investment sector;
- promote Ireland as a location of choice to domicile / manage assets from;
- develop a skills programme for the enhancement of world-class knowledge and competence;
- while supporting the development of innovative financial services and products that support sustainable economic development
Open to institutional investors (pension funds, unit trusts and others), asset owners and managers, industry bodies, as well as other organisations with activities in Ireland that have a substantial interest in ESG.
The benefits of joining SIF Ireland include the opportunity:
- to expand your network and embed sustainable business practices within your organisation
- to support innovative financial services product development
- to influence the national sustainable business agenda and be included in relevant advocacy related engagements
- to access dedicated skills development programmes
- to gain industry insight through collaboration with key sector stakeholders
The Forum is a member of EuroSIF, Europe’s leading responsible investment trade association.
Forum activities are overseen by a Committee that consists of Ireland’s Strategic Investment Fund, Irish Life Investment Managers, Mediolanum, BCP Asset Managers, KBI GI, L&P, KPMG, the Irish Department of Finance, the Irish Association of Pension Funds and the Irish Funds Industry.
To get involved or to learn more about the network’s activities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org