– an overview of responsible investment (RI);
– the investment case for adopting RI practices and the different strategies – there is no one size fits all approach;
– the 21st Century definition of Fiduciary Duty;
– an overview of recent EU policy developments in relation to ESG integration; and
– the Ireland Fiduciary Duty Roadmap Recommendations, which provide policy, regulatory and market practice actions for the Irish market.
To download the invite click here.
Interview: Providing an Irish pension fund trustee perspective on responsible investment.
Jim Foley, Director, Trustee Decisions.
Keynote Speaker: In addition to providing an overview of the Irish Roadmap Recommendations, our speaker will address the what, why and how of responsible investment. He will also provide an overview of the analysis outlined in the 2015 Fiduciary Report.
Will Martindale, Head of Policy, PRI.
– Anastasia Guha, Head of UK and Ireland, PRI (moderator);
– Adrie Heinsbroek, Head of Responsible Investment, NN Investment Partners;
– Laura Heuston, Director of Sustainable Finance, SIF Ireland
Background to the Roadmap
The original Fiduciary Duty in the 21st Century Report, published in 2015 by the PRI and its partners, concluded that that failing to integrate long-term investment value drivers, including ESG issues, in investment practice is a failure of fiduciary duty. That project has since gone on to create individual roadmaps for a number of countries. These provide clear recommendations and next steps for each country on the policy and market practice changes required to achieve full ESG integration in their investment practices in core areas such as corporate reporting, shareholder engagement, investor education and regulatory changes. Underlying the roadmaps is the understanding that ESG integration and increased expectations for shareholder engagement are emerging as fundamental features of prudent investment practice across mature markets.
SIF Ireland has partnered with the Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI), the UNEP Finance Initiative and The Generation Foundation to produce the Ireland roadmap for fiduciary duty. The roadmap is the culmination of extensive consultation with regulators, investors, policymakers and attorneys across Ireland. It makes a series of recommendations to enable the market-wide adoption of ESG integration.
Who will attend this event
This event should be of interest to those involved right across in the investment chain who are leaders in Responsible Investment (RI) and are interested in driving this agenda forward in Ireland. Attendees will include asset owners, investment managers, wealth managers, investment consultants, those in private banking, other investment intermediaries, policy makers and regulators. It will be of particular interest to leaders in the RI space, including SIF Ireland members and PRI signatories, many of whom were interviewed for the Project.
Kindly sponsored by
This report launch is free to attend but there is limited capacity so early registration is advisable.